A true icon and a masterpiece of blending – a rare and elegant champagne that celebrates the art of vintage and the excellence of the Perrier-Jouët vineyard. Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque is an icon of the House, rare and elegant champagne that celebrates the art of vintage and the excellence of the Perrier-Jouët vineyard. It is also the original Belle Epoque cuvée to appear adorned with the legendary white Japanese anemone motif illustrated for the House in 1902 by Emile Gallé, a master of Art Nouveau.
A mild winter was followed by a cool, wet spring which resulted in the late blooming of the vines between 16th and 21st June 2012. The summer was hot and bathed in sunshine from mid-July all the way until the end of the harvest, favouring the maturity of the grapes. The rain only returned at the end of the harvest period. These excellent conditions produced an ideal balance between sugar and acidity, resulting in a wine of exceptional harmony, with great energy, character and potential.
A vineyard of 65Ha ranked at 99,2% on the Grand Cru scale
Five main « crus » featured in all Perrier-Jouët’s cuvées :
• Cramant (27Ha) & Avize (9Ha) in the Côte des Blancs, Chardonnay, 100% Grand Cru more than half of the Perrier-Jouët vineyard bring finesse and the typical floral notes (white flowers) style as well as length thanks to an optimum mid-hillside sunlight exposition.
• Mailly (9Ha) in the North of the Montagne de Reims, Pinot Noir: it brings power and elegance (less heavy than those from Bouzy or Ambonnay) through little red fruit notes.
• Ay (10Ha) & Dizy (10Ha), in the Vallée de la Marne, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier
• The Pinot Noir from Aÿ bring elegance through its fresh fruits notes
•The Pinot Meunier from Dizy (rated at 95%), located on the right bank of the Marne Vallée, brings roundness benefiting from warmer temperature than those from the Ardre Vallée. They bring generosity and are the bridge between Chardonnays and Pinots Noirs.
•Rich aromas of white flowers combine with white-fleshed fruit and delicious notes of honey.
• Delicacy, harmony and elegance combine on the palate, culminating in a long, expansive finish.
• Ideally paired with sole, young turnips and white peaches.
|Manufacturer Details||Pernod Ricard|
|Packaging Details||1 Glass Bottle 75cl|
|Product Ingredients||50% Chardonnay
45% Pinot Noir
5% Pinot Meunier
|Food Pairing||Ideally paired with sole, young turnips and white peaches.|